Saturday, October 29, 2022

Quick update: One year of MusaeumScythia

Dear readers,


Today it is exactly one year since I had published my first post, which I think is a good day to mark the birthday of this blog! If you hadn’t seen my first post already, you can do so here:

The oldest known iron smiths of Europe - New evidence for meteoric iron objects belonging the Yamnaya culture


I want to thank all of you for the support and all the compliments I have received! So far MusaeumScythia (Scythia here referring to the eurasian steppes, not the actual Scythians)  has been a really interesting project for me personally. I can say that the processes of writing these blog entries definitely lead me to acquire a lot of new knowledge, and I can imagine that me sharing my findings has entertained many of you. What is also exciting is that I got to converse with many academics, mostly online but some real life encounters as well.


I recently took to redesign and modifying my excel sheets in which I have all Scythian period and Hunnic period samples listed. Well, the samples which were available for G25 for the most part. Location, age, uniparentals, as well as some personal G25 ancestry breakdowns for these samples. My plan was to have the Scythian sheet done by today, and make these files publicly accessible, however social obligations lead me to unfortunately having to slightly delay this endeavour. But don’t fret as they will be there soon!


I will make blog entries for those sheets when they are finalised and publically availabe, and they will also be found on this page here. I will routinely update it with new samples that are published. As it is a live project I would appreciate anyone who would like to contribute with uniparental subclade analyses or qpadm model breakdowns. If that seems up your alley feel free to hit me up in the comment sections or to send me an email at musaeumscythia@gmail.com


What else?


I’m thinking of switching up my content schedule. I prefer to go on a deep dive and slowly curate a detailed blog post, like the one I wrote about Khotanese “Saka”, which you can check out here. The only issue here is that these can take months to finalise which means that sometimes you will have gaps of months between my blog entries. So I will try (I want to emphasise the word try) to write some shorter blog entries to increase my posting frequency and keep you guys a bit more engaged.


Oh yeah, a very talented friend of mine known as Khan's Den and I will be collaborating on some projects in the near future. The future will dictate what that collaboration will entail exactly, but given the full feature documentaries this man keeps pumping out it should be nothing but fantastic.


Cheers everyone, have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! And, thank you! Now forget all 'social obligations' (pfffttt) and get back to making more content for me!

    ReplyDelete